Excellence in Child Advocacy
Children’s Law Center of California (CLC) is a non profit, public interest law firm that provides legal representation for tens of thousands of children impacted by abuse and neglect. We provide an unparalleled level of expertise in and out of the courtroom. Our highly skilled, passionate and committed attorneys, investigators, and support staff fight to ensure the well-being and future success of our clients through a multi-disciplinary, independent and informed approach to advocacy. We are a powerful voice for our clients fighting for family reunification, permanence, educational opportunity, health and mental health services, self-sufficiency and overall well-being. We are a driving force in local, statewide and national policy change and child welfare system reform.
Support Our Work
We’re working to protect and provide for tens of thousands of children impacted by abuse and neglect across California. Will you help us give a child the tools and support for a brighter future?
- We advocate for the protection, safety and physical and emotional well-being of the child.
- We build positive, trusting relationships with our clients.
- We conduct thorough, independent investigations in order to best represent our clients.
- We promote the dignity and integrity of children throughout the legal process.
- We ensure consistent, effective and quality representation.
- We ensure that our clients have an effective voice and the ability to actively participate in all aspects of the legal process.
- We educate our clients regarding their rights and the legal process.
- We view children within the context of their families and believe children deserve loving and permanent relationships.
- We engage community and system partners for client-driven policy change and systemic child welfare reform.
- We are committed to increasing positive outcomes for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth in foster care through increased education, stakeholder and community engagement, and policy & practice change.
- We recognize that racial disproportionality and disparate outcomes exist in the child welfare system, particularly for African-American and Native American families, and we seek to address them through education, community and stakeholder engagement, and policy and practice change.
- We recruit, train and retain dedicated and talented professionals.
- We value a supportive, respectful and collaborative work environment.
- We are a family friendly work place.