The California legislative session is in full swing! CLC has been working diligently with state leaders to introduce legislation that prioritizes children and youth in foster care, especially during this ongoing public health crisis.
Our legislative priorities are centered on addressing the harmful impact of racial disparities within the child welfare system. We are proud to co-sponsor the creation of a blind removal pilot program and legislation that addresses the disproportionate impact of school suspensions on Black students in care. Additionally, we are focused on enhancing support and eliminating gaps that exist around sexual and reproductive health, access to immigration services, and resources for parenting youth in care. Take a look at CLC’s five sponsored bills below.
CLC SPONSORED LEGISLATION
- AB 366 (Rubio) Healthy Futures for Foster Youth
- AB 656 (Carrillo) Addressing Racial Disparities in Child Welfare by Establishing a Blind Removal Pilot
- AB 670 (Calderon) Strengthening the Families of Young Parents in Foster Care
- AB 740 (McCarty) Foster youth: Suspension and Expulsion
- AB 829 (Levine) Access to Immigration Counsel for Youth in Foster Care
Learn more about each bill, view bill language, and see fellow co-sponsors by visiting our Policy and Legislation page.
All children and youth in foster care deserve healthy futures. Join CLC as we call on the California State Legislature to take action on these crucial bills to strengthen the system. Sign up to receive action alerts, learn about bill hearings and more.
"*" indicates required fields